Turmeric (Curcumin) In Diabetes
- Turmeric has medicinal properties due to its bioactive components isolated from its rhizome.
- Curcumin is an extract of turmeric wherein it is being extracted in the ratio of 100:2 approx, meaning thereby out of 100kg of turmeric 1 to 2 kg is the curcumin extract. The main medicinal / bioactive components of curcumin is known as curcuminoids
- Curcuminoids comprise of curcumin, monodemethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycucumin which are found to be natural antioxidant and gives the yellow colour to the powder.
- Volatile oil is responsible for the aroma of turmeric and it consists of aromatic (containing benzene ring) compounds out of which tumerone and ar-tumerone are considered medicinally quite important.
- Sugars, proteins and resins are also isolated from the rhizome.
Numerous in vitro and in vivo studies have provided strong evidence for investigating curcumin (an extract of turmeric) efficacy against type 2 diabetes mellitus. Data reported in this review show that curcumin has therapeutic potential to counteract diabetes and its complications, It is a natural diabetes treatment in India. All the described studies have shown that doses of up to 12g per day of curcumin are safe, tolerable and non-toxic. The functional mechanism by which curcumin exerts its effect appears to be the modulation of many signalling molecules.
Curcumim in Diabetes
- Curcumin counteracts inflammation.
- Curcumin decreases oxidative stress.
- Curcumin lowers blood sugar levels.
- Curcumin can repair and regenerate pancreatic cells.
- Curcumin can reverse pre-diabetics.
- Curcumin has an Anti- diabetogenesis effect.
Curcumin in diabetic complications
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Diabetes Gastroparesis.
- Metabolic Syndrome.
- Fatty Liver Disease.
- Cardiovascular problems.
Lifeturm ," turmeric for life "
(A must for every diabetic)
- Diabetic Nephropathy.
- Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Diabetic Neuropathy.
- Cardiovascular Risks.
Numerous studies have shown that curcumin possesses a wide spectrum of biological and pharmacological properties, acting, for example, as natural immunity booster, anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenic and anti-neoplastic, while no toxicity is associated with the compound. Curcumin supplements are shown to be very active against viral infections as well.
Curcumin in Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Curcumin could conceivably be considered as an attractive agent for the management of coronavirus.
Curcumin in Deadly Viral Diseases
Because of the low toxicity and its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral activity, curcumin could…
Curcumin as an Antiviral Compound
Curcumin has been found effective against a number of life- threatening viral infections like HIV- AIDS, Herpes…
My Sister has taking Curcumin for several months and her breast cancer marker has dropped by 81% from 11683 to 2204 on November 5. We would like to thank you for your year of dedicated research into non-toxic treatments such as curcumin..
Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM)
My Dad has been taking 8 grams a day for about 2 months. He has done very well so far. He had surgery for GBM IV on December 3, 2009. He had 6 weeks of radiation/temodar after that. He has just completed his 2nd round of Temodar 5 days /off 23 days. He has not been scheduled for an MRI yet. He was curious to know how long he should take curcumin……
Mantle Cell Lymphoma
I took 8 grams of curcumin per day for 3 months.. The last P.E.T scan in June came out clean. Can you please tell me if I should continue taking 8 grams or is there a maintenance dosage of curcumin that I can take to avoid the recurrence of the Mantle Cell Lymphoma……
Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
This is a very positive result for us, and I would like to thank you for your valuable work in this area. I am aware he will need to continue to take the curcumin for the rest of his life, as a preventative measure on the polyps. He is on 2 grams a day with piperine. I now will be booking my other two children positive with FAP for their first scope (13 yrs on 1 gram a day & 14 yrs on 1.5 grams a day of curcumin……
My husband, just had his yearly checkup with his cancer specialist, Dr. Martin at Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA and now has been melanoma free for over 6 years. I would like Dr. Aggarwal to know. Sid has been on 1,000 mg of curcuminoids every day. He did try to up the dosage to 1,500 mg per day but had a stomach reaction of acid reflux. He still gets other skin cancers and pre-cancerous growths but they are not melanoma. The curcuminoids have slowed this down…..